Friday, March 18, 2011

The Unbearable Joy of Everyday Life

We had a lovely, music-filled evening tonight at the spaghetti dinner at my oldest son's high school...

He is a member of a co-Ed acapella singing group that is just awesome! We got to listen to them sing "somebody to love" by Queen while eating spaghetti (with meatballs for the little ones and without for the 14 and overs)... Then the jazz combo and larger group played, sounding much more like professionals than high school students...

We got home and the children scattered to the four winds, as they are want to do on Friday nights, and hubby settled into watching the Bulls game...

And I just walked around in awe of it all...

Praising God in my soul for so much more than many have or that I deserve...

A loving husband.

Children to love.

A home.

A Redeemer who died to save ME and those I love and who wants all of us to be joyful with Him forever!

I want to wrap myself in the joy of this moment.

I want to bring Henry here and wrap him in this joy AND my arms.

Jesus I thank you! Jesus I trust in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment