Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday

We are moving as quickly as possible to get our documents and Home Study ready to submit for approval to bring our little guy home...

but until then there are so many families who have stepped out on faith to bring home children with Down's Syndrome and other physical and mental challenges from places like Russia and Eastern Europe.

One that has touched my heart is here. This family needs to go get their daughter Lera NOW! She has been transferred to a mental institution (where most unadopted children, whether physically or mentally challenged) end up.

Today is "Fat Tuesday." For Catholics that means a day of feasting before the fasting and penances of Lent.

Can you start your fasting one day earlier and give the money saved to Lera??

I was planning on a little "feast" with my 4 yo and 2 yo today for lunch....but I think I will pack some food and make a big "fat" donation to Lera's fundraiser instead.

Please prayerfully consider if you can join me!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    We used Lutheran Child and Family Services of Illinois. Shoot me an email at grantandbobbie at gmail dot com and I can give you more info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this too late to give up our Fat Tuesday, but will definitely donate to Lera's fund!

    And thanks so much for your prayers, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete