Friday, March 4, 2011

How it Happened

I was going to write a several installment story giving all the details of the brutal 72 hours between our Friday night dinner and the moment on Sunday night where DH agreed to the adoption....

I was going to give all the gory details including my tears, his emotional shutdown, and our hour-long knock-down-drag-out argument....

I was going to share my sinfulness and stupidity, which almost (but for the grace of God) cost me my heart's dearest desire....

I was going to talk about how less than 12 hours before DH said "yes" I fell on my kness before Jesus and offered it all to Him - admitting I was trying to do this all myself and realizing I could do NOTHING on my own - I gave it all up if it was His Will and relinquished my desires to control my DH and to get what I wanted when I wanted it (even if it was objectively good)...

but instead I will just say that we are now of one heart and mind to do whatever it takes bring our little guy home as soon as possible!

I was also going to say "Thank You" to my Jesus again....

and that I will do.

Thank you Lord.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The short version is still a great story! Can't wait to follow your journey to bring your baby home. You can count on my continued prayers.

    Can I ask for a favor? Stephanie at Daily Smiles blog is a huge supporter of RR. Today she is asking for prayers and posts for my special sweetie, Brigita. My husband is still on the fence, but another woman is interested in adopting Brigita. Please pray with us that God prepare a family for her that is able to step forward soon. She just turned six last month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes Robin! Brigita is a sweetie and she needs a family right now!!

    Thanks for your continued prayers, mostly for money and a fast sprint to get approved to get our baby...

    And if my husband was willing, then I know yours can be too...I will pray for especially to St. Rita!

    ReplyDelete