Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby steps

Last night, as I was cleaning up the kitchen, hubby came up behind me and squeezed me sweetly and whispered in my ear that he loved me and was really trying to think about what we had talked about the other day...

I kissed him and told him that I appreciated that and looked forward to talking more soon!

He sighed, a deep sigh and left the kitchen...

This is so hard for him, I am so asking him to step out of his comfort zone...

He spends so much of his day out in the "real world", talking with other guys about how expensive kids are and how much college costs and how someday they will be "free" to retire and do all the things they really want to do....

I am asking him to step out of this reality and into the REAL unseen reality...

Where at the end of our life Jesus will greet us with open arms and ask what we have done to love "the least" and feed the hungry and comfort the afflicted...

I just can't see him asking about the size of our 401(k) or where we retired to....

Please pray for my dear husband as I do every day...thy will be done my Lord.

3 comments:

  1. Your special prayer request has been lifted up often over the last few days! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful story of love and grace and sacrifice is unfolding here! I will pray!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you and for your husband that God would lead you...

    ReplyDelete